In 1959 Mr. Floyd A. Chapman a longtime Little Falls funeral director purchased the former home of Walter Becker a local industrialist, after some minor renovations he opened the doors to the Chapman Funeral Home. In 1969 Mr. Chapman retired and the funeral home was purchased by Donald J. Moser.
Upon the entering of his son Christopher S. Moser to the profession the name was changed to the Chapman-Moser Funeral Home, Inc. The Moser family has taken great pains to maintain the Victorian look of the home both inside and out.
The home was built in 1854 by George Ashley the operator of the first hardware store in Little Falls. The distinct upper and lower porches with their white pillars were not added to the home until 1900.